Friday, December 02, 2016

Advent: Alert

This was the view through my windshield this morning as I drove my daughters to school. The sun is no threat to my well-being. Quite the opposite, actually. I love to be in warm, well-lit areas. But today its glare demanded my attention, and kept me from focusing as well on other cars, pedestrians and conversation with my girls. We got to school safely, but it took longer and it wasn't as much fun.

Life gets so hectic, and lately there have been so many things demanding my energy and attention, and not just the Circus of Perpetual Outrage. It's not enough to be awake. We also need to be alert. Time to let go of the distractions and focus on the things and the people who truly matter.



Copyright © 2016 by David Learn. Used with permission.

No comments: